Recently there was a major virus outbreak in the Nampa- Caldwell area. This caused hundreds of kids from all over the Treasure Valley to become sick with a virus. Symptoms that were observed were violent vomiting and diarrhea.
Last Friday, there were approximately 495 students who stayed home. It is unclear whether the parents kept them home; either because they were concerned or stayed home sick. The concern was first raised when 160 students went home sick the day before Thursday.
According to Laurie Boston, spokeswoman for the Southwest District of Health. The sickness is believed to be a disease known as Norovirus. It has not been confirmed yet. This disease is highly contagious, accessible by touching an infectious surface or being in contact with an infected person. It is recommended to wear disposable rubber gloves, wash surfaces with disinfectant and/or bleach, and wash all articles of clothing. Also, increase your hygiene practices. ( i.e. washing your hands more often)
People should stay home for 24 hours after symptoms go away. This will help prevent the spread of the virus.